“City Kayak Guides”, must possess a strong work ethic as well as a desire to become a part of our professional team. 2Tides believe in a high level of friendliness, customer service and professionalism. And if you are outgoing, caring, social and love to share your enthusiasm for kayaking and Stockholm, Sweden.
Don´t hesitate to contact us with your cover lettar and CV.
City Kayak Guide
Being a 2Tides guide offers a unique lifestyle with many opportunities and rewards. We expect our guides to provide our guests with a fun, informative, and safe experience in one of the world’s most beautiful places. During a typical day, guides must be extremely organized, flexible, able to master logistics, educate their guests on safety skills and techniques, and enrich their understanding of an area’s history, nature and fauna.
When you are guiding, you are ALWAYS working, and you have to ensure all guests are having the time of their lives. Guides must be able to bring their A-game every day, as they are in charge of the group´s safety, as well as guiding a wide range of individuals in English. As our “City Kayak Guide” you will be running several trips a day, four to five days a week in central Stockholm, in and around Djurgården.
2Tides guides must possess skills to accommodate any and all guest requests as well as be proactive in solving possible problems before they even occur. Taking initiative and being able to react quickly and effectively are critical skills when you work for us. Our guides work long hours, but reap many rewards, meeting new people from all corners of the world, introducing a unique place to our guests, and maintaining an active lifestyle.
By far the most common comment we here at 2tides have heard from our guests after they have joined one of our overnight trips, is that “The Guide made the trip.” And this is what we looking for in all our guides. We don’t only give our guests an experience, we share it with them.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Living in Stockholm.
- Fluent in Swedish and English
- Preferably kayak experience or an interest to learn.
- Preferably Leadership and/or Outdoor Education background, not necessary to apply though.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20kilos and work long hours
- Preferably valid First Aid/CPR Certification.
- Aside from delivering the highest level of quality, you connect with each and every guest?
- You can appreciate each person for who they are?
- You possess compassion, patience and a great sense of humor?
- You have a dynamic personality?
- You are comfortable carrying on conversations with individuals from all walks of life?
- You are confident, caring, and friendly?
- You are good at anticipating and solving challenging problems?
- You have in-depth knowledge of Stockholm/Sweden or are willing to learn?
- You can sustain energy and motivation through long days of work?
- And least but most important, you can do all of the above fluently in English?
- Intense focus on safety.
- Logistics – looking after gear.
- Response calmly and professionally to issues as they arise.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Public speaking, including informative speeches and safety briefings.
This is an entry-level position designed to give one an opportunity to try and work in the guiding industry.
Our best guides are organized people who love to share their enthusiasm and love for history, nature and Stockholm/Sweden. They are energetic, caring and have a passion to do their jobs to the best of their ability. They genuinely care about each guest and make a real effort to anticipate every guests needs and create the best experience possible.
Students are encouraged to apply. Please send a cover letter in English and CV (in Swedish) and two references to Morgan at email@example.com
Be sure to place ‘City Kayak Guide’ in the subject line.
LAST DAY TO SEND YOUR APPLICATION IS 23rd OF FEBRUARY 2016.