“Sea Kayak Guide”, must possess a strong work ethic as well as a desire to become a part of our professional team. 2Tides believe in a high level of friendliness, customer service and professionalism. And if you are outgoing, caring, social and love to share your enthusiasm for kayaking and Stockholm, Sweden.
Don´t hesitate to contact us with your cover letter and CV.
Sea Kayak Guide
Being a 2Tides guide offers a unique lifestyle with many opportunities and rewards. We expect our guides to provide our guests with a fun, informative, and safe experience in one of the world’s most beautiful places. During a typical day, guides must be extremely organized, flexible, able to master logistics, educate their guests on safety skills and techniques, enrich their understanding of an area’s history, nature and fauna, motivate those guests who wish to challenge themselves, pamper those looking for the ultimate in luxury, and provide a stimulating experience for everyone.
When you are guiding, you are ALWAYS working, a guide’s day can start as early as 6 am and end around midnight with a primary goal to ensure that all guests are having the time of their lives. Guides must be able to bring their A-game every day, as they are in charge of the group´s safety, as well as guiding and creating all meals and entertaining all guest´s with a wide range of individuals, while speaking with confidence in English. As our “Sea Kayak Guide” you will run both day trips and overnight trips out in the archipelago by yourself. Your schedule will change from week to week, but you will be working on average 4-5days a week.
2Tides guides must possess skills to accommodate any and all guest requests as well as be proactive in solving possible problems before they even occur. Taking initiative and being able to react quickly and effectively are critical skills when you work for us. Our guides work long hours, but reap many rewards, meeting new people from all corners of the world, introducing a unique place to our guests, and maintaining an active lifestyle in the outdoors.
By far the most common comment we here at 2tides have heard from our guests after they have joined one of our overnight trips, is that “The Guide made the trip.” And this is what we looking for in our guides. We don’t only give our guests an experience, we share it with them.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Fluent in Swedish and English
- Kayak guiding experience, preferably overnight trips.
- Leadership and/or Outdoor Education background
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25kilos and work long hours
- Current Wilderness First Aid/CPR Certification
- Backcountry cooking skills
- Aside from delivering the highest level of quality, you connect with each and every guest?
- You can appreciate each person for who they are?
- You possess compassion, patience and a great sense of humor?
- You have a dynamic personality?
- You are comfortable carrying on conversations with individuals from all walks of life?
- You are confident, caring, and friendly?
- You are good at anticipating and solving challenging problems?
- You have in-depth knowledge of Stockholm/Sweden or are willing to learn?
- You can sustain energy and motivation through long days of work, while sometimes carrying out numerous tasks at the same time?
- You are passionate about travelling—and experienced in—active traveling outside of Sweden?
- And least but most important, you can do all of the above fluently in English?
- Intense focus on safety.
- Logistics – looking after gear and ordering food.
- Response calmly and professionally to issues as they arise.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Public speaking, including informative speeches and safety briefings.
This is an entry-level position designed to give one an opportunity to break into the kayak guiding industry.
Our best guides are organized people who love to share their enthusiasm and love for kayaking, nature and Sweden. They are energetic, caring and have a passion to do their jobs to the best of their ability. They genuinely care about each guest and make a real effort to anticipate every guests needs and create the best experience possible.
Students are encouraged to apply. Please send a cover letter in English, CV (in Swedish) and two professional references to Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to place ‘Sea Kayak Guide’ in the subject line.
LAST DAY TO SEND YOUR APPLICATION IS 23rd OF FEBRUARY 2016.